ABOUT FACILITATE CARE SERVICES
At Facilitate Care we aim to provide people with the highest standards of care that is individually designed to meet each individual’s needs and preferences. Our care service is planned with the active involvement of our service users and their relatives, friends or medical professionals where appropriate.
What makes us different?
• Facilitate Care is managed by its founders, Rose & Lucy – qualified and registered nurses
with over 20 years experience in the NHS and private health care provision
• A key aim of our agency is to promote the independence and dignity of our service users
• We focus on developing personalised care plans for all of our clients. We deliver
person-centred care packages – from 30 minute ‘pop in’ services to 24 hour care in the comfort
of your own home.
• We treat all our clients as individuals with unique needs and interests. We listen to our clients
and tailor care packages to suit their individual requirements
• Our dedicated care management team understands that circumstances change and therefore
communicate regularly with clients and their families to adapt care packages to
• We believe that companionship and maintaining social networks is important to many
people. That’s why we also provide companionship services, taking our clients out for
outings and appointments, if requested.
• We are determined that all clients and their families get the support they need regardless of
religion, ethnicity, social background, sexual orientation, age, gender or disability
• We understand the importance of an active mind in a healthy lifestyle and aim to keep our
clients active, healthy and independent by maintaining the quality of life they are used to. We
work with our clients to maintain their flexibility, balance and mobility by planning physical
activities to help keep them active. We also provide our clients with a range of activities to
inspire and invigorate their minds.
Many people struggle to understand the options available to them when a family member needs a special level of care. Families are faced with having to make big decisions on short notice and quickly find that deciding on what’s best is not often clear or simple.
FCS can help clarify what options are available for the specific needs of those who need domiciliary care. We believe each individual’s needs are unique and we strive to provide the professional and friendly approach to assist with you care options.
The Care Management Team
The care management team are committed to ensuring that the philosophy of the company is constantly upheld and that all of our aims are met.
Rose is a registered nurse with experience of working for the NHS and the private sector. She has extensive experience in personal and customer care. Rose is an excellent communicator and her mentoring qualifications enable her to assess and accommodate service users needs so they and their families can feel fully supported to make important decisions about their on going care.
Lucy is a registered nurse and experienced carer who worked in the NHS in both inpatient and community services sectors. She has extensive knowledge of planning care and delivering truly individualised care packages for her service users. She is dedicated to providing excellent service for her patients.
All staff are recruited after a comprehensive interview. New recruits are required to pass a
DBS (formerly CRB) check and provide two satisfactory references before they commence
work in the community.
All staff complete both mandatory and additional training prior to starting work. These training courses include: Health & Safety, Basic Life Support, Infection Control, Moving & Handling, Food Hygiene, The Mental Capacity Act, Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults, Safe Use of Medication, Deprivation of Liberty and Fire Safety Awareness. All staff are also required to work towards an NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care or above.
In order to maintain our high standard of care, staff is regularly assessed by Management.
What You Can Expect
• We set the highest standards which all staff members are required to meet.
• Many of our staff are highly qualified. New employees undergo an inductor training programme
based on National Care Standards recommendations to compliment their own experience.
• When in a service user's home, staff wear a basic uniform and are equipped with aprons and
gloves. However, if requested to by service users, staff will dress in casual clothes appropriate
for the occasion.
• Facilitate Care Services staff know that they are representing the company and conduct
themselves in a polite, respectful and professional manner at all times.
You Can Always Feel Safe
• Employees are fully vetted and subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
• All staff are issued with an ID card and are aware of the importance of showing it upon arrival .at the service user's home.
• Entry keys and alarm codes held by Facilitate Care Services are subject to clear security
procedures and the service user's identity remains protected.
• We have a clear procedure in place to ensure service user confidentiality: any breach of this or
disclosure of personal information is deemed gross misconduct and will result in disciplinary
procedures. (We may, however, need to disclose appropriate information to other professionals
involved in a care package solely for review purposes.)
Facilitate Care Services Ltd is fully covered by Public and Employers Liability Insurance and operates an Equal Opportunities Policy.
If you would like to discuss your care needs or have any questions regarding the service we provide,
please contact us on 02476 231188